The second Town Hall for the Town of Clifton (later Niagara Falls), seen here in 1910, opened in 1866. It housed the town jail, police offices, a concert stage, library, and butcher stalls as well as the municipal offices and council chambers. For many years, Market Square behind the Town Hall was home to thriving businesses, including the Power City Transportation Company, and auctioneer Albert Collett. In 1954, the building was renovated and was used exclusively for municipal purposes. When the current City Hall replaced it in 1970, it was transformed into the Provincial Court House. Today, it is used as a storage facility.
There will be a posters of a historic photos on site at this location during the summer of 2017.