George Badger established a furniture business on Queen Street early in the 20th century. He carried carpets and window shades, and “the best makes of furniture for every room in the modern house”.
In June, 1927, the F.C. Burroughes Company purchased the Badger Furniture Store. Burroughes Furniture moved to a larger, four-storey Queen Street building a few years later. Business flourished for years, but a 1970 fire hurt sales considerably. By 1972, the head office announced that the four-storey building was no longer considered ideal due to stair-climbing and small floor space. The Niagara Falls outlet closed in 1972.
Over the years, other furniture stores occupied the space, including Davies Furniture, Scotts Furniture and Anderson’s Furniture. The building is currently (2017) available for lease.