Oneida had been in Niagara Falls since 1898, but in 1926, the "handsome cutstone building ... with beautiful terraced lawns sloping to Falls Avenue" was built. Oneida's silverplate became a well-known Canadian product. In 1964, the Oneida Observation Tower and Shopping Mall was built at the same location, melding their manufacturing business with tourism. Oneida eventually relocated to the industrial park near Marineland, and Maple Leaf Village was constructed at the site, incorporating the Oneida Tower.
Through the years, the tower has also been known as the "Fuji Tower", the "Kodak Tower" and the "Maple Leaf Village Tower". Casino Niagara moved into the Maple Leaf Village site in 1996, and is still in operation today.
There will be a poster of a historic photo on site at this location during the summer of 2017.