In 1953, Stamford Township appointed a Library Board, and in 1957 a library was opened at Portage and Vine. It moved to the Town and Country Plaza a few years later, in 1962. When Stamford Township and the city of Niagara Falls merged in 1963, the library became a branch in the city library system. It moved again, to its current plaza location in 1974, and was enlarged to its present size in 1986.
There will be a poster of a historic photo on site at this location during the summer of 2017.