The first library branch opened in Stamford at Portage Road and Vine Street in June of 1957. It was open for four afternoons and three evenings per week with a three item borrowing limit. In 1962 this branch moved into the Town and Country Plaza where it remains today. The building still remains, now occupied by People’s Variety.
There will be a poster of a historic photo on site at this location during the summer of 2017.