The Hotel Bettina and Darling Cabins were located on the north side of Clifton Hill. The hotel opened in 1936 and was operated by Mrs. T. Reinhard. Advertising from 1939 indicated that there was “hot and cold running water in every room”. The hotel’s restaurant offered “fresh baby beef steaks, excellent American coffee and courteous service.” In 1951, the hotel’s name was changed to the Darling and it remained in business for many years. Today, this location is home to many tourist attractions, including Castle Dracula Wax Museum and the Gags N Giggles Gift Shop.